šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kate G
    Participant

I have a Shepadoodle who weighs 85lbs and 3 small dogs weighing in about 10 lbs. trying to feed them the proper diet has proven difficult. I buy food for large dogs and kibble for small breeds. We all know stolen food taste better, so of course they go straight for each others bowls. They are grazers so I have to leave food down. Iā€™m looking for recommendations for a good quality , SMALL kibble sized dry food I can feed all of them. ( they all are adults). I havenā€™t been able to figure out one. Any recommendations would be appreciated!! Thank you so much!! ☺️

#220279 Report Abuse
    nathaniel reid
    Participant

Finding a suitable kibble that meets the dietary needs of both large and small dogs can indeed be challenging, especially with varying sizes and eating habits. One option you might consider is a high-quality, all-breed dry dog food that offers small kibble sizes. Brands such as Royal Canin, Wellness, and Blue Buffalo have formulations tailored for mixed breed households, often labelled as “small breed” or “all adults.” These foods are typically designed to appeal to dogs of various sizes, providing balanced nutrition while ensuring the smaller dogs can easily manage the kibble. Additionally, you might want to look into feeding schedules that encourage all dogs to eat together without stealing; for example, using separate feeding stations or timed feeders could help manage access. Always consult your veterinarian to ensure the chosen food meets the specific dietary requirements of all your pets.

#220292 Report Abuse
    Jez Doh
    Participant

Feeding multiple dogs can be tricky. Maybe try separating them during mealtimes? That way, the big guy won’t steal from the little ones. Just an idea, might not work for everyone.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.