šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jetski racer
    Participant

New member here but have been reading reviews since finding DFA in 2012. Have a new to me furbaby a month ago, my vet said mix breed, short haired, ~45lbs, 16 months old, adopted from a family who could no longer keep him (they reported adopting from shelter when he was 2 months and were told he is lab and rhodesian ridgeback mix). Just looking for some info on these commercially avail chews from tractor supply as linked https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/brand/4health/dog-dental-treats-chews

my previous 12y/o furbaby (RIP…damn cancer…, gosh i loved him) LOVED, went crazy for the minties brand i found a while back and have some left, but they seem to cause some gi issues with this new pup so i was considering the TSC ones. I can’t keep up with all the different names that are out there for the same ingredients, supplements etc. so hope to get a little help here. Also open to suggestions to other brands, treats, chews or maybe even some homemade stuff. I live near a small town, but it got a TSC a while back and i am a brick and mortar kinda shopper if i can be. thanks in advance

#220300 Report Abuse
    nathaniel reid
    Participant

Welcome to the community! It’s great to hear you’re providing a loving home for your new furbaby. Regarding the 4Health dog dental treats from Tractor Supply, they can be a good option for dental health, but every dog reacts differently to various brands. It’s important to monitor your pup for any gastrointestinal issues after introducing new treats. As an alternative, you might consider brands that focus on limited ingredients or hypoallergenic options, especially since your previous dog was sensitive as well. Homemade treats can also be a fantastic option! Simple recipes using ingredients like pumpkin, peanut butter, and oatmeal can be both healthy and appealing to dogs. You can find more information about the 4Health brand and its offerings in this 4Health dog food review. Itā€™s always best to consult with your vet for tailored advice, especially when you’re navigating new dietary options for your pup. Happy shopping!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.